NICE TO MEET YOU
Founder of YogaOAK
Rachel brings over 30 years of experience in body movement to YogaOAK.
Rachel Lundberg, ERYT 500, YACEP, ABYS Level 2
Trained originally as a dancer, Rachel has studied all styles of dance with an emphasis in modern and classical ballet. After the birth of her third child, she began taking yoga classes and instantly fell in love. She was fortunate enough to be introduced to the Iyengar style of yoga from her very first class. Her yoga training has focused extensively on proper alignment, specialized modifications, detailed instruction, anatomy, and yoga therapeutics.
Rachel has been teaching yoga to all ages and levels since 2006 and is passionate about guiding her students toward increased body awareness, embodiment, strength, and flexibility through the practice of yoga and movement.
In her career Rachel has created:
● The Lundberg Yoga Teacher Training Program in operation since 2015-nearing 100 graduates at the 200 and 300 hour levels.
● The Alignment Based Yoga Specialist Certification™- for yoga teachers and healthcare providers
● InBodyWise Yoga™- a practice of sensual embodiment through breath, movement, and sound
● 6 Weeks to Calm™- A nervous system regulation program based in science and movement and Rachel's wisdom in healing from chronic illness
● Embodying Calm 6 Month Membership™- an extension of the 6 Weeks to Calm™ program
● Founder of YogaOAK, Virtual Yoga Studio
● Various Continuing Education courses for yoga teachers and healthcare providers
Rachel feels fortunate to have studied yoga with wonderful yoga teachers and mentors such as Julie Gudmestad and John Schumacher, as well as her very first teacher and inspiration, Carlyn Sikes. She also feels very grateful to have studied yoga in Bangalore India with Yana Lewis, a student of BKS Iyengar and creator of the Bangalore Ballet. It was in Bangalore that Rachel was able to meet BKS Iyengar, a definite highlight in her yogic journey.
Rachel has her E-RYT 500 hour certification, YACEP, ABYS Level 2